Sound formats on Android

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Aug 30 14:05:28 EDT 2011

On 8/30/11 12:06 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Wow Jacque! What kind of hell did you have to go through to get to that conclusion?

Three days worth. The light actually came on because of a bug in an
older version of Audacity I was using. When saving short sound files it
was adding 10 seconds of silence to the end, which wasn't at all what I
wanted. Upgrading to the latest Audacity fixed that problem. I'd already
upgraded when I posted.

Then I got to thinking back and I remembered that I did in fact hear one
of the sounds when it was 10 seconds long. I wish I'd remembered that
earlier.

I'm still not sure what the exact cutoff is for sound length on Android,
but 1 second fixed it for me and I'm tired of messing with it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com