Sound formats on Android

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Mon Aug 29 08:11:33 EDT 2011

lol. Yeah, must have been very tired when I wrote that. 48k is
correct - and yes, DVD audio is written to 48k (video DVDs that is).

Mike

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 23:29:34 -0700, stephen barncard wrote:

There is no standard 44.8 - Perhaps you meant 48k - also not sure what
is
> meant by DVD.
>
> DV format video files use a 48k soundtrack -
>

> On 28 August 2011 21:02, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>> On 8/28/11 9:17
PM, Admin wrote: Your best bet is still 44.1k 16 bit wave file or you
can try

>>> mp2 44.8k 16 bit dvd resolution files I will see what
works on my android devices tonight.
>> Thanks Mike. I've worked my way
through all the encodings in SOX and none work. Some of the conversions
produce a faint click. Mostly they don't play at all. I tried copying
the waveform in Audacity, pasting it into a new file, and saving that
with the same settings as the 3 that do work but that failed too. I also
tried the two suggestions you made above. Each of these 2 audio clips is
about a half second long. I have just spent all day trying to get them
to play. Whatever is wrong seems to be confined to these 2 files because
I was able to get the other 3 to work with some effort. This should have
been a couple minutes work. All my conversions run fine in the OS X
Finder and in Audacity. -- Jacqueline Landman Gay |
jacque at hyperactivesw.com [1] HyperActive Software |
http://www.hyperactivesw.com [2]

Links:
------