Sound formats on Android

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Mon Aug 29 00:17:41 EDT 2011

If you want, send me the audio files and i'll see if there is
anything wrong with them.

Mike

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 23:02:45 -0500,
J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 8/28/11 9:17 PM, Admin wrote:
>
>> Your
best bet is still 44.1k 16 bit wave file or you can try mp2 44.8k 16 bit
dvd resolution files I will see what works on my android devices
tonight.

> Thanks Mike. I've worked my way through all the encodings
in SOX and
> none work. Some of the conversions produce a faint click.
Mostly they
> don't play at all. I tried copying the waveform in
Audacity, pasting it
> into a new file, and saving that with the same
settings as the 3 that do
> work but that failed too. I also tried the
two suggestions you made above.

> Each of these 2 audio clips is
about a half second long. I have just
> spent all day trying to get
them to play. Whatever is wrong seems to be
> confined to these 2 files
because I was able to get the other 3 to work
> with some effort. This
should have been a couple minutes work.

> All my conversions run fine
in the OS X Finder and in Audacity.