iOS UIWebView/MOBGui overlay question

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Sun Aug 28 06:55:49 EDT 2011

On 28 Aug 2011, at 11:35, Maarten Koopmans wrote:

> You can't make controls on top of a fullscreen UIWebView. You can make a
> UIWebView that has limited size and put controls around it. In fact, one of
> the mobile examples in the iOS pack is a little web browser that does just
> that.

That's what I was afraid of, from previous experience with the desktop web view. As a fullscreen web view is a necessity for the app I'm planning it's time for either hacks or learning Cocoa from scratch. :-(

One possible approach is to load everything within my own HTML page in an iFrame and find out if I can layer a PNG over the sub-page but the problem then is how to find out when it's been pressed - I can see how to talk to the page via JavaScript but not how to go in the other direction other than catching browserLoadRequest with delayRequests set to true but that's going to stop the sub-page loading in the first place.

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Ian