iOS external won't load

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Aug 24 17:45:48 EDT 2011

Hi again, Maarten,

Yesterday and today, I did a lot of testing with externals. I was able to compile the sample external rresocket and included this external in a standalone. The standalone was built from the stack included with the sample XCode project provided by RunRev. When I tested the standalone, it ran fine in both the simulator and on my iPhone.

Then I created a very simple hello-world external from the template, quite similar to yours. The template can be selected after you choose New from XCode's file menu. I followed exactly the same steps as with the sample external. I was able to run it in the simulator but when I installed it on my iPhone, it crashed with the same console messages you posted.

For now, my conclusion is that the sample externals run fine, but externals created with the template won't work. I hope that anyone can confirm this.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com