Accessing Functions in the Script of the Main Stack

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Aug 24 13:38:22 EDT 2011

Don't put the functions in the main stack. Put them in another stack called lib_whateveryouwant.livecode. (The name doesn't matter but it's easier to know what you are looking at in the OS that way). Then in your openstack handler start using stack lib_whateveryouwant. This will put the stack script of your library stack in the backscript. Anything that calls the functions and commands in the library will have access to them now. The advantage to this is of course, any stack you build in the future can take advantage of the scripts you put here.

If you try to start using the mainstack, I am concerned that any calls to the functions and commands there will get called twice, if called from the mainstack or it's substacks.

For further information, read up on the message path and frontscripts and backscripts.

Bob