Combining cards into a stack

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Aug 23 15:30:34 EDT 2011

Answer: I'm sure you could write a stack to do that. Some people could
do it easily; for me , it would be a whole new learning curve, because
that's just not the kind of thing I've ever tried to do with Rev.

So here's what I'd do .... (and in fact, am in the process of doing, in
a slightly different context):

1. build a simple stack that captures an image, collects choices from
comboboxes, etc.
2. have a 'submit' button which gets enabled one they have made enough
choices
3. the submit button would upload the photo and their choice data to a
web-server
3a. the .irev (or CGI) script on the server would save this info to a
folder of uploaded photos, etc.
4. I'd collect all these photos and associated info and put it into my
own stack.
(and maybe also, 4a. run the matching games on the web server)

and almost as a by-product you could also do
5. have the web-server script provide a web page with the same
choices/comboboxes, and a button to choose an existing image file, and
upload that as form data. This would mean that if someone had trouble
with the player or stack, they could still submit their info from any
browser.

As I said, I'm in the process of doing this for my own project, so if
you're interested in trying that approach, let me know and I'll send you
the scripts/stack that I finish up with).

-- Alex.