Combining cards into a stack

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Aug 22 11:29:44 EDT 2011

On Aug 21, 2011, at 9:59 PM, Bill Ziegler wrote:

> I have a difficult time with new names and faces. We have quite a few new teachers and therapists this year so I  plan to make a photo data base of their image, name, job and school(s) they are assigned to.
>
> I'm planning to build a simple stack that will allow them to capture a still from a live camera shot and select their positions and schools from comboboxes. It will be tough to do this in one meeting. They are spread throughout the county.
>
> I hope to email each of them a one card stack, run by the player, not a standalone. They would then email the completed one-card stack back to me.
>
> Question: If all the stacks were re-numbered and put into a folder, is there a script that could combine all cards into one searchable stack? If so, I can develop some fun matching games to help me learn their names and faces.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill

Bill,

It should be easy enough to do using a process something like this:

- set the defaultFolder to the folder containing the stacks.
- check the files function to get a list of the files in the defaultFolder
- go invisible stack <name>
- copy cd 1 of stack <name> to your stack
- close source stack

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay