Confused about storing arrays in a custom property

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Sun Aug 21 14:35:44 EDT 2011

Thanks Richard, writing to a file (an sqlite database actually) is exactly
what I want to do.

However, I'm running into a problem with this.  I believe I have written the
data correctly to the database as a BLOB column, but when I read it back
from the database and use arraydecode to make it into an array again, I get
a runtime error that just names the line and character with no indication of
what the error is.

Here's what I do to put the data into the db and retrieve it.

Updating the DB:
*
*
*put* "UPDATE qdProperties SET qdPropertyValue=CAST (:1 AS BLOB) WHERE
qdPropertyID=5304" into mySQL
revExecuteSQL 1,mySQL,"*bmyencodedarrayinput"

Getting the data back again:

*put* revQueryDatabase(1,"SELECT qdPropertyValue FROM qdProperties WHERE
qdPropertyID=5304") into myRset
*put* revDatabaseColumnNamed(myRset,"qdPropertyValue") intomyencodedarrayoutput
*put* arraydecode(myencodedarrayoutput) into myNewArray

It's that last line of code that throws the run time error.

I'm pretty sure the runtime error is because the binary data that comes back
from the db is not a valid encoded array but I have not used BLOB data in
dbs before so not sure if what I am doing is the correct way to
store/retrieve it.  If anyone has experience with this, would be grateful
for some input.

Thanks,