[HELP] Facing a datagrid bug

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Aug 16 11:14:57 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Andre Garzia <andre at andregarzia.com>wrote:

> This is happening here in three different projects all related to database
> frontends. I have a card with a list of records. When for example I click
> the header of column "Title", it will fail and die. I don't know why. The
> datagrid should not fail like that. The array used is a really big one
> maybe
> a megabyte or two worth of information. It is basically text but it may
> contain unicode characters. I am using that unidecode trick from the
> documentation, the data appears fine in the datagrid.

The sorting routines just use the built-in sort command in LiveCode. My
guess is it chokes on the unicode data. I don't think it will choke on UTF-8
data. You can look at SortDataByKey in the "Data Grid" button of the
"revDataGridLibraryStack" to see the code that is being executed.

> Also, why can't we override the sorting routines?

You can.

http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/manuals/datagrid/lessons/7330-How-Do-I-Customize-Column-Sorting-

--
Trevor DeVore