What to Do Since FTP No Longer Supported in Mac OSX Lion?

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Fri Aug 12 14:17:10 EDT 2011

On Friday, August 12, 2011 01:44:32 PM Gregory Lypny wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I was building a nice app with LiveCode the other day.  It used PUT URL and FTP to download files from my remote Mac.  Worked like a charm until yesterday
when I updated the OS on the remote Mac to Lion.  Now I get socket timeout messages.  I then read on the web that FTP is not enabled in Lion but SFTP works if
Remote Login is enabled in the Sharing pane of System Preferences.  I confirmed that SFTP works by trying it with Interarchy.  How can I make SFTP work in a
LiveCode handler?

> Regards,
>
> Gregory

You can still use FTP:

"While FTP is still available and configurable from the command line, it's no longer supported as an easy to turn on option in System Preferences"
-- from <http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=121222>

Hope that helps,

Warren