[OT] Internet Censorship

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Aug 11 13:55:45 EDT 2011

<Sigh>. Once again I've started a controversy.

My original point, which perhaps I did not make terribly clear is that there is a huge corporate machine that has grown up around copyright protection, that is the main entity actually making the money, and often is operating contrary to the original artists interests. A thing can (and often does) start out with good intentions but ends up being counterproductive to the original goal. I think in the Christian music industry, this has become a bad thing.

Perhaps I should put it this way. It is my opinion that a Christian artist should decide whether he wants to devote himself to ministry, (which does not exclude making *some* money by the way to cover expenses and needs) or else make a living at what he does. BOTH CHOICES ARE EQUALLY VALID I must emphasize. But it is a bad idea and I stress IN MY OPINION to start out calling yourself a minister, and then end up trying to get rich at it. One seems to push out the other. "You cannot serve God and Mammon" I think was the phrase.

Again, everything is about focus and balance.

Bob