[OT] Internet Censorship

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Thu Aug 11 13:09:47 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:

> As usual it's the middle man that is getting rich. But there ARE ways to
> distribute now that can bypass them. Unfortunately, it's hard to rise above
> the noise of mediocrity in that soup, if the artist really is exceptional.
>
> I have ideas for a website that had some kind of voting system, where the
> more you voted, the more votes you could make, only 3 a day at first, 7
> later, and so on scaling up to as many as you wanted if you voted often.
> Hopefully this would cause the cream to rise to the top, much like YouTube.
>
> Bob

I agree.  In fact, I witnessed the rise of a YouTube artist, and bought his
very first CD because 1) he was that good, and 2) I wanted to be supportive
of the hundreds of songs he posted on YouTube (and I enjoyed for free).
THAT is an artist!  Play it to express what you feel, and if we feel it too,
we will buy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0xqu0Nuwek

~Roger