Storing Data in Standalone Apps

G. Wolfgang Gaich gwolfgang at gaich.de
Thu Aug 11 11:55:25 EDT 2011

or you use a serialized array. E.g.:

-- to save your preferences

global gPrefs
on mouseUp
     put the loc of this stack into gPrefs["Stackloc"]
     put the rect of this stack into gPrefs["StackRect"]
     put the backcolor of this stack into gPrefs["StackBCol"]
     put arrayencode(gPrefs) into url
"binfile:c:\users\gg\myprefs\Test\prefs.dat"
end mouseUp

-- and to restore your prefs

global gPrefs
on mouseUp
     put arraydecode(url "binfile:c:\users\gg\myprefs\Test\prefs.dat")
into gPrefs
     set the loc of this stack to gPrefs["Stackloc"]
     set the rect of this stack to gPrefs["StackRect"]
     set the backcolor of this stack to gPrefs["StackBCol"]
end mouseUp

-- You don't have to use globals. But if you do, you can use your
preferences in any script.

Best Regards
Wolfgang