Mac users, please try this out:

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Wed Aug 10 18:28:30 EDT 2011

Mark,

I think you are right. Unfortunately, my php/mysql skills
are not so good when it comes to marrying a web form to the database.

My client's needs are too complex for me. I was hoping to do it with
Live Code because I can program it.

Mike

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011
00:17:46 +0200, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> On Mac, you're
not supposed to start an application automatically after downlaod. It is
a security violation. On windows, you can do this, unfortunately. Your
closest bet would be to create a disk image. You could even set the
background of such an image to a picture wiith instructions about
installing or starting the application.

> Is this application really
just a registration window? Perhaps you should forget about LiveCode for
once and make a simple website with a web form?

> --
> Best
regards,

> Mark Schonewille
>
> Economy-x-Talk Consulting and
Software Engineering

Twitter: http://twitter.com/xtalkprogrammer [2]
> KvK: 50277553

What does that error mean? Buy LiveCodeErrors for iPhone now
http://qery.us/v4 [3]A must-have for LiveCode programmers.

aug 2011, at 00:04, Admin wrote:

>> Mark, And I just bought that damn
program. I am trying to make it so that the files (there are 2 files and
one executeable) decompress and run on download. How do I do this? I can
send you the contents of both files if you can help me. Mike On Wed, 10
Aug 2011 23:58:27 +0200, Mark Schonewille wrote:

>>> Hi Mike, I
downloaded the file
>> candidateswt_mac.sitx and StuffIt Expander shows
an error message: An errror occurred... Unspecified internal error
#17999. I can't do anything with that file.

>>> Mac OS X has a
built-in compression tool.
>> Look in the File menu of the Finder. It
contains a Compress menu item. There is also Disk Utility, which lets
you create very nice disk images. In fact, I wonder if nowadays most
Macs don't come without StuffIt. Many people don't even know what a
.sitx extension is.

Links:
------
[1] http://economy-x-talk.com