Converting HTTP to FTP URL

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Aug 7 21:35:47 EDT 2011

Jacque-

How "generic" a solution are you looking for? Obviously you're not
looking for the trivial "file.txt" because if you could get it from
http why would you need ftp... Just because a site has a web server
there's no guarantee that there's also an ftp server.

So I gather that you know the username and password of a given site,
you're sure that both http and ftp services are available, but you
don't know the site address? I'm having trouble putting that together.
Can you give more details without giving away anything you don't want
to? Are you trying to upload or download (or both) files via ftp?

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net