[Server] create stack trouble

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 7 10:26:14 EDT 2011

I couldn't help but wonder why you wanted to save stacks from LiveCode Server.
The important part of this support is the ability to share business logic between desktop, mobile and server applications.

Storing data is an enticing idea, but flawed: stacks are not a multi-user data storage infrastructure.
Invocations of your .lc script from multiple clients may come in any order, and some processing may take longer.
And what if a user is impatient, hits the back button in his browser and pushes the same data again?

Stick with databases for storage, especially in multi-user scenarios - it's what the things were built for :-)

Jan Schenkel.
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

=====