[OT] Internet Censorship

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sat Aug 6 20:39:54 EDT 2011

No, Sony does not have the right to withhold music or ideas. The law might protect them based on bad legislation, but they're certainly not in the right.

Also note that the maximum time such ill-gotten rights could be retained used to be 20 years, never infinite. The law has been extended to 50 in a reform introduced in the late nineties (or similar).

Additionally, where content becomes blocked is completely random. That is because the blocks are made based on algorithms, by automated programs. As we all know, programs are dumb, and when used to interpret large data base, also produces largely faulty results.

Finally, cheesecake in switzerland does not mean a sweet, yoghurt-based cake as in germany or the usa. Instead it describes a egg and cheese based, salty tartlet / quiche:
http://static.zoonar.com/img/www_repository2/c0/e1/32/10_6b0d57087c3745107ad01f9d3b13aa71.jpg

--
Watch live presentations every Saturday:
http://livecode.tv

Use an alternative Dictionary viewer:
http://bjoernke.com/bvgdocu/

Chat with other RunRev developers: