AW: AW: Need advice with Lion permission changes

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Aug 5 04:21:12 EDT 2011

Hi Jan,
thank you for responding. It's good to know, there is still a backdoor,
which I will follow as plan B.
I now will take as an easier shortcut /Applications/myFolder/ to share my
files among all users.
Because I don't only have a registration and ini file, which needs to be
shared, I also have to share 8GB of videos for all users, this seems to me
the easiest way. Obviously it is not the recommended way by apple, because I
don't see any other application folders in /Applications/, but nevertheless
it seems to work after granting my file with chmod to all users.

Does anybody see anything serious against this approach?
Thanks
Tiemo

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/FileManagement/Concept

ual/FileSystemProgrammingGUide/FileSystemOverview/FileSystemOverview.html#//