How to check for duplicate usernames?

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Fri Aug 5 00:01:24 EDT 2011

Since I bought the special that was going on, it came with sqlYoga,
but I have had zero time to look at it. I will now.

Mike

On Thu, 4
Aug 2011 11:34:47 -0700, Bob Sneidar wrote:

> Sorry didn't read the
whole post. revDataFromQuery will return empty if there were no records
matching your select statement. Check to see if it is empty. Obviously,
if you need it to be unique, and nothing has gone wrong in the past,
there will only be one matching record if one already exists and then
revDataFromQuery will not return an empty value.

> Again, I like the
fact that sqlYoga can return the data as an array instead of a text
blob.

> Bob
>
> On Aug 4, 2011, at 10:51 AM, Admin wrote:

Sorry to sound stupid, but after the select statement, how do I then
count for how many records got returned? Here's the select statement you
wrote with my variable: put "select username from uservalidation where
username = " &SQ &UN &SQ into CountUN --count how many records got
returned. If greater than 0 you have a duplicate. SQ's are single quotes
and CountUN is the new variable