[server] using STACKS within ON-REV

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Mon Aug 1 14:50:24 EDT 2011

Jacque, here is a 'virtual' home stack now in 4.6.3, as described in the
recent version notes.

This global script is naturally integrated into the existing language
structure by being represented as an implicitly created 'Home' stack that
sits at the root of the message path - identical to the Home stack in the
IDE engine.

and

• The 'global script environment' is now a 'home' stack that sits at the
root of the message path. This should not cause any problems with existing
scripts as previously there was no interaction with the message path at all,
so they would not be using it.

There's some good reading in the first formal notes about the server.

I love this one - I've always wanted to put my scripts after the html

• Script files are now parsed before being executed - this allows the
placement of handlers anywhere within the script regardless of where they
are called from. (Variables still need to be declared before they are
referenced - just like in object scripts - this is because variable scope is
not dynamic and is determined at parse-time in order of encounter).