[server] using STACKS within ON-REV

Robert Mann rman at free.fr
Mon Aug 1 10:03:24 EDT 2011

Hi all, the former thread on the subject got bugged with other
considerations, and I'd like to share results of my tests and check it out,
so that we can have a clear picture of what we can expect from these stacks.

This is the very simple test I made :: dropping an index.lc in a test folder
on my on-rev account :

 <head></head>

	<?lc
	put "<p>CGI is on with LC</p>"
	put "<p>----------------------</p>"
	start using stack "stackTest-v1.livecode"   -- works ok
	-- go stack "stackTest-v1.livecode"  :: does not work (rest of page is
blank)
	put test1()  -- print a simple message :: working=YES!
	put test0()  -- print the number of cards of this stack :: working= NO!!
(plenty of errors)
	put test2()  -- print the content of a simple field :: working=NO!
(plenty of errors)
	put test3()  -- print the content of field "name" of card x :: working=NO!!
(plenty of errors)

         -- to make sure :
        put field "titre" -- throws plenty f errors
        put the number of cards of this stack -- outputs 1 (instead of 3!)

	 ?>

-> It is highly surprising for me that cards and fields are not recognized,
is that the general case?
-> Does go stack work elsewhere and improves accessibility to cards and
fields?

Thanks all,
Robert