Scrolling in an iOS text-field

John Allijn john.allijn at alice.nl
Sat Apr 30 03:39:45 EDT 2011

Hello,

I've been working on a tool for students and teacher that will help them to communicate better. In livecode I made a teachers-app and a Students-app for mac/win and iOS.
The apps are free for all platforms, so take a look if you want: http://www.ons-prikbord.nl/Scholen/HES/Downloads.html
There is a demo-account available (see the faq's)

The iOS app works fine, but there are are still some tweaks to make.

One that is particularly bugging me is scrolling in a text field. Can't seem to get this working. I downloaded the scroller example for iOS and replaced the images in the example with a text field. This has as a side-effect that I have to define the size of my textfield up front, and the user either has a very large empty field to scroll, or the contents is too big and not displayed entirely.

Secondly, I can't seem to get the scroller to be displaced in the little part of my screen where I want it to be. It runs of the screen on the bottom, thereby messing up my navigation buttons, which are drawn on a image on the background of the window.

Has anyone figured out what the best way is to scroll in a text field on iOS???

best regards,
John Allijn