How to generate user passwords

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Apr 27 15:45:42 EDT 2011

Bill,

I made this as part of another discussion about speakable passwords.

function speakablePassword theLength
     put "bcdfghjklmnprstwyz" into myConsonants
     put "aeiou" into myVowels
     put "" into myPass
     repeat myPasswordLength
          if char -1 of myPass is in myConsonants then
               if char -2 of myPass is in myConsonants or \
                   length(myPass = 9) then
                    put any char of myVowels after myPass
               else
                    if any item of "true,false" then
                         put any char of myVowels after myPass
                    else
                         put any char of myConsonants after myPass
                    end if
               end if
          else
               put any char of myConsonants after myPass
          end if
     end repeat
     return myPass
 end speakablePassword

Since you didn't say what you want to use the passwords for, I don't know if this will be helpful, but I'm posting it anyway.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com