Creating a customkey from a variable

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Apr 27 13:07:36 EDT 2011

Not sure if this is relevant, but putting "Math" into testname is going to have no effect on setting a property of the stack called testname. There will be a variable containing "Math" and that is all.

Further, you have to create the array as a variable first:
put "score" into testname[student]
set the testname of this stack to testname -- probably a bad idea to have a variable and a property named the same thing

The point here is that you cannot update properties directly. You have to put a property into a variable:
put the testname of this stack into myTestname

then update the variable:
put "Math" into mytestname["student"]

then set the property:
set the testname of this stack to myTestName

Bob