an enhancement proposal for the language...

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Tue Apr 26 09:43:54 EDT 2011

I worked at Apple in England from just after HyperCard 1.0 was released, and for four years after that. One time when I was on vacation in California I dropped in on the HyperCard QA manager (David Leffler) to drop off a list of about 60 suggested improvements to HyperCard/HyperTalk. Bill Atkinson happened to be in the office that day, so David introduced me, and gave Bill my sheets of ideas. Bill wasn't so gracious though, and said something about "putting it with the other ten pages of ideas".

Anyway, one of my less serious suggestions was to use "I'm", probably without the apostrophe. Then when checking a field you could say:

if Im empty then

instead of the more clumsy:

if me is empty then