How to copy a card you can't open - corrupted fonts

william humphrey bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Sat Apr 23 09:41:59 EDT 2011

I just found out why LiveCode would crash whenever I tried to open one of
the cards in the stack. It turns out there was a corrupted font being used
in the suspect card.

Solution (Mac OS):

1. Open Font Suitcase in your app folder.
2. Select all fonts
3. Run the validate fonts command
4. Check off each of the damaged fonts that it finds (write down list if you
want to replace them)
5. Delete them

This solution also solves a microsoft excel and word crash  problem. I don't
know how the fonts get corrupted but I found the problem on three separate
macs. Each mac had a new version of "Mail Plane" - excellent program but it
uses, without crashing, a couple of the suspect fonts.