Startup message anomaly?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Fri Apr 22 04:43:07 EDT 2011

I've been taking the following description of the 'startup' message in the LS dictionary literally:

> Sent to the first stack opened when the application starts up.

Well AFAIK the real case is that this is true for a Mac standalone but not in a Windows standalone. In the latter case, the message is sent to the first CARD of the first stack and not to the stack itself. If you put the startup handler in the stack script of the mainstack, nothing happens! OTOH a startup handler in the stack script of a Mac standalone seems to work OK.

Just in case I'm going crazy, can anyone else confirm this anomaly? If so, I'll report it. BTW, I seem to remember that in earlier versions of LC/RunRev, it 'startup' was always sent to the card.

TIA

Graham