Yay! Victory RevServer runs on FreeBSD with Linux Compat installed.

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Tue Apr 19 12:43:01 EDT 2011

Kee,

The three big BSDs (FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD) are all great. In 1999, I
worked with NetBSD servers, this year, I went on to build myself a FreeBSD
server and my knowledge from 1999 was instantly transferable. Things are
where they should be. It is very easy to configure and secure a FreeBSD
server. I think it will take me one or two hours to put a complete server up
and this includes building all software from source packages.

I will try to talk to people at RunRev during the conference and see if I
can get them interested in an experimental build for FreeBSD. It can be
unsupported, all I want is an engine that runs.

If you check on the netcraft reports for the top 3 most stable hosting
companies in the world, you will see that they are all running FreeBSD (they
might be running FreeBSD and providing Linux virtualized for their clients
with Xen or something like that but the host OS still FreeBSD)

Cheers
andre