How to copy a card you can't open

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Apr 18 18:00:25 EDT 2011

On 4/18/11 4:48 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> I was going to say, Suppress Messages and Suppress Errors before
> opening the stack/card, but it looks like you have things figured
> out. Jacque has said in the past that a corrupted stack is virtually
> unheard of in Livecode, so if you have a copy of the old one that was
> crashing, I would sure like to see it. Maybe I can sus out what is
> wrong.

I've seen crashes like that with text fields before. The instance I saw
wasn't a corrupted stack, it was that text had been pasted into the
field from another app that used some nonstandard characters or
something. I can't remember exactly what, but it may have been nulls.
Removing the text and replacing it with non-binary text fixed it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com