Rev/Livecode project and GPL Licenses

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 06:43:39 EDT 2011

On 04/16/2011 01:27 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:
> Richard,
>
> You'd be surprised how many don't know how to milk a cow

Having milked a cow by hand, and had the beast kick me in the stomach, I
would advise
one and all to avoid the experience at all costs.

> or wouldn't bother doing so because it is so much easier to buy the milk in the supermarket. I, for one, could get a cow for free, but I have no place for it on my balcony.

I have been wondering about our roof; it is tented at about 15 degrees;
were it grassed it would be
very much in fashion (Richmond's Eco-Roof) and could probably sustain 2
or 3 goats. Unfortunately, having
worked with cows, I know that they have no head for heights.

However; from Bulgaria; Livecode looks like a cow and Metacard looks
like a goat. My experience tells
me that cows are less bloody-minded than goats, and their milk is
considerably preferable . . .  :)

I know that their are some people around and about who would be prepared
to scramble up onto their roof twice a day to milk a goat; however, I
would far rather stick to cow's milk; preferably pasteurised and
bottled by a hygienic dairy, rather than from my roof or your balcony!

> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

> Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
> KvK: 50277553
>
> New: Download the Installer Maker Plugin 1.6 for LiveCode here http://qery.us/ce
>
> On 15 apr 2011, at 16:14, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> Scott McDonald wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Mark for clarifying that.
>>>
>>> Where I was getting it mixed up, was that I was equating selling
>>> commercially with not making the source code available.
>>>
>>> But of course, they are not the same thing.
>> Not exactly the same, but how many people pay for milk when they can get the cow for free?

Cows are NOT free; anybody who has worked on a farm will tell you that
they are relatively high
maintenance beasts.

Do not be fooled; nothing, absolutely nothing is free; it is just that
some things have their price written on the front, and others, like
cows, have the price written round the back (under the tail).