weekdaynames

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 10:48:35 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Klaus on-rev <klaus at major.on-rev.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> when I query "the weekdaynames" I get
> Sunday
> Monday
> Tuesday
> etc.
>
> When I query "the system weekdaynames" I get
> Sonntag (Sunday)
> Montag
> Dienstag
>
> But in germany the first day of week is MONDAY?
>
> I am not sure if the function should also return the correct ORDER
> of the system weekday names?
>
> This makes it extremely hard to scripts proper mulit-language support
> in calendars etc...
>
> Or is this behaviour reliable?
> I mean will I ALWAYS get this order, no matter what the current system
> language is? Know what I mean?
>
> Any opinions?

Hi Klaus,

Same here.

Here is the code I'm using for dealing with:

function weekDayNamesList pFirstDayIsMonday
    local tWeekdayNames

    put the abbr system weekdayNames into tWeekdayNames
    if pFirstDayIsMonday then
          put cr & line 1 of tWeekdayNames after tWeekdayNames
          delete line 1 of tWeekdayNames
    end if

    return tWeekDayNames
end weekDayNamesList