Error in Windows standalone

Paul Foraker paul.foraker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 04:02:57 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 3:28 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> I'm still thinking there's a permissions problem somewhere, and that's why
> the script is causing an error. It also looks like a bug in LiveCode's error
> reporting for some reason.

My user ran a search for the file name and got no hits. I asked him to look
in My Documents for the folder and it was there, and the file was inside
it.  Expletive. So, it's not a permissions problem. I'm writing to that file
just fine.

So, now I'm thinking it must be in the code accessing the MySQL database.
Again, works fine on Mac and XP, just not on his Win 7. Since launching the
little app is taking up to a minute, I'd guess that the code accessing the
database is choking. I'll add a log handler to see what's coming back. I
suppose there's also the possibility that there's a problem with his network
or firewall. I'll see if I can borrow a Win 7 machine.

Thanks for thinking about this,

-- Paul