Error in Windows standalone

Paul Foraker paul.foraker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 17:01:04 EDT 2011

So, if the error is in the error script, and the error is the single quotes
around "Object" when they should be double quotes, how do I fix that? And,
why would it work on Mac & XP, but not Win 7?  I'm so foncused.

However, maybe I'm doing something wrong in the specification of the place
to save the preferences file. I tried using the CSIDL, which is supposedly
still included in Win 7 for backward compatibility. So, I switched to
"Documents". That again works on XP, but didn't work on Win 7, same error,
and [new clue] no file written to the user's hard drive. Here's the possibly
offending code:

function actionFile pFname
   if the platform contains "Mac" then
      put specialFolderPath("Preferences") into tPath
   else -- windows
      -- put "0x000C" into myDocs
      put "Documents" into myDocs
      put specialFolderPath(myDocs) into tPath
   end if
   put "/4Spires" after tPath
   if there is no folder tPath then create folder tPath
   put "/" &pFname &".txt" after tPath
   return tPath
end actionFile

-- Paul