Error in Windows standalone

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Apr 12 01:06:40 EDT 2011

On 4/11/11 5:27 PM, Paul Foraker wrote:
> I've built a little app that is generating a script error on Windows 7, but
> not on XP or Mac. On Win 7, the app generates this error message:
>
> Executing at 2:58:29 PM
> Type
> Object  card id 1002
> Line    put 'Object'&  tab&  the short name of tObject&  cr after
> tErrorString
> Hint    preOpenCard

Ignore what I just said. The error references the script that's creating
the error dialog. Talk about recursion. The error script can't create
itself because there's an error in the error script. Not sure why it's
triggering on preOpenCard, but maybe it's refering to one of LiveCode's
front or backscripts.

I'm not sure it helps much to know that.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com