Fullname/username/displayname on Windows?

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 08:25:32 EDT 2011

I can think of a couple possibilities, since you can get the username then
you can do a
shell("net user username") and it will return a bunch of stuff that youc an
parse for Full Name.

I haven't checked it, but on the chance there IS a fullname system var you
can do
shell("set")
and it will return a list of all system variables available through the
livecode shell. I don't have a fullname defined on my system, so don't have
a fullname variable, but since I don't believe you can define an empty
system variable that could be why. Not sure if it would show up as FULLNAME
or FULL_NAME or what.