usage of dropfolder

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Apr 7 22:50:52 EDT 2011

I believe that OS X creates a placeholder file while the "real" file is being copied/worked with. I am not sure what the method would be to determine if the process has completed yet. I suspect there is some kind of flag on the file itself, read only or a file type reserved for this sort of thing.

Oddly, this allows you to actually rename a file WHILE IT'S BEING COPIED. You may be able to do other things as well. Isn't UNIX wonderful?

Bob

Sent from my iPad