Creating an auto-updating button icon thumbnail image from card snapshot

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 15:15:53 EDT 2011

I tried 'import' first purely because I wanted to bring the snapshot of the unopened card into the 'home' card rather than export to file, etc.

There are some notes in the dictionary about setting the absolute rectangle coordinates depending on the target object - it didn't work until I defined the 0.0.1024,768 parameters. I can't claim to have understood - I just fiddled around with all the options - process of elimination.

The good news is that my hack seems to have survived the test deployment out to a revlet. An online product demonstration presentation with (so far one) live thumbnail updates on the home page - not too shabby!

I'm getting to like this LiveCode thing and almost enjoying coding - it's all rather worrying! ;-)
Best,
Keith..