Currently playing song on iPod Touch

Peter Brigham MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:23:04 EDT 2011

Tom McGrath put together an iTunesLibrary in LC. I can't seem to find
it in my LC files, but I'm sure he would make it available to you. I
used his library to make a little thing called iTunesWidget. Pop it
into your plugins folder, and any time you're running in the IDE, you
can open it up and use it to control iTunes without leaving LC. It's a
little 32-pixel round customwindowshape stack that can be set as a
systemwindow if you want, uses AppleScript to manage iTunes' basic
functions. Very simple: click to start/pause iTunes, cmd-click to go
to iTunes, opt-drag to move widget, ctrl-click or right-click for
option menu. Hovering over the widget displays the current track,
album, and artist in a tooltip. You can get it at:

http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig/iTunesWidget.rev.zip

I haven't tried to pass this around much, because for reasons I can't
track down, clicks sometimes disappear into emptiness with no
response, sometimes mousemove doesn't trigger the tooltip display,
etc. Something is swallowing system messages, or maybe the AppleScript
messages are going awry, anyway it's occasionally a bit unpredictable.
But I use it when I'm working in the IDE and want to listen to some
MP3s. Handy because I don't have to change gears when the phone rings,
just click to pause, and answer the call.

If you can't find Tom's library stack, look at the stack script in the
widget for ideas on what you're trying to do. Tom did the real work
for this, I really just adapted his scripts.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com