practical size limitations?

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Fri Apr 1 11:51:30 EDT 2011

Hi.

I don't think you need an external database.

Unlike Hypercard, LC does not handle tens of thousands of cards quickly. But it can easily and instantly handle what you have in mind. Place your data in a field or custom property and load it into a variable on openstack. You might also use an array, but that is a matter of style. Then you can retrieve your words and definitions and display at will. The whole app resides on one card.

Craig Newman