controls with ID 0

Claudi Cornaz claudi.c at fiberworld.nl
Wed Sep 29 09:56:15 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a very strange situation where controls get a ID of 0. I had
this problem with runrev 4 and now also with the new livecode
It has happened a couple of times in different stacks.

I create  a control in a grp and the control ends up having a ID of 0.
It's happened with btn's and now with a fld.

It's very frustrating 'cause one of the consequences is that I can't
put text in that fld.
I managed to put text in the fld using a long id but then I get a
formattedWidth of 0
I have the following statements in a script:
put the with of tFldId into
tWidth                                         (tFldId is a long id.
tWidth becomes 129)
put the formattedWidth of tFldId into tFormattedWidth
(tFormattedWidth becomes 0)

This happens every time I create the control. Well actualy I copy a
tmplt grp from a stack to a grp in another stack.

What should I do? This looks like quite a bug to me.

    Claudi