MYSQL timeout

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Sep 28 21:20:42 EDT 2010

The problem of lengthy timeouts when trying to connect to a MSQL server that
is down/offline is bugging me again. It seems like the default timeout is 60
seconds which is way too long to wait for a response but there's no obvious
way to override it. The socketTimeoutInterval has no effect and while I've
got some old code laying around that suggests setting an environment
variable ($MYSQL_CLIENT_TIMEOUT) it doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Terry...

--
Dr Terry Judd | Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Medical Education Unit