Database: INSERTS, speed and primary keys

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Mon Sep 27 09:12:37 EDT 2010

Thanks for that Monte,

On 27 September 2010 13:44, Monte Goulding <monte at sweattechnologies.com>wrote:

>   UNIQUE INDEX `mykey` (`name`, `type`, `location`, `handler_num`) );
>
> Or you can use a separate Create Unique Index statement.

OK - will have to read up more on Indexes - I thought they were just for
speeding up searches - looks like they have some relationship to constraints
as well.

> PS MYSQL Workbench is free, cross platform and make nice diagrams ;-)

Yes - started using it after your earlier post.  Also started using the Lua
scritping - there si a script for exporting the schema as sqlite create sql
that I am using. Trouble is it is easy to start making really big schema's
:)