data from USB joystick

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Sep 26 15:04:56 EDT 2010

unless there's an extension mapping it to the keyboard routines. A
reasonable conclusion.    It would be great someone made a joystick as easy
to read as barcode scanner.  It's ironic that the toughest to implement
interfaces were formerly the simplest. ( like the single - bit ports on the
Apple ][)

On 26 September 2010 13:57, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On 09/26/2010 09:54 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
>
>> Richmond, many people have tried and failed to grok the USB stuff, and the
>> HID manager appears to not be that simple as keydown. It's not a keyboard,
>> it's a totally different API.
>>

> OK; my mistake was precipitated by my plugging my Nostromo into
> my "new" G3 running Mac OS 10.4.11 and getting an "unknown Keyboard"
> signal.

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA