Read from file not working 4.5?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 24 13:57:13 EDT 2010

wayne durden wrote:
> My suspicion is that the default folder may not now be what you think it
> is...stick a put line or two into the script to put the defaultfolder or
> TtargetToOpen into the message box to check that the path in the script is
> what you think it is supposed to be.

I think you may be right.  Because any script can change it at any time,
I tend not to rely on the default folder and instead build full paths on
the fly as needed.   If I do use the default folder, it's only when I
set it myself so I know exactly what it is.

This AppPath function may be helpful for building paths relative to the
application stack in both the IDE and in a standalone:

<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/metacard/2002-September/002553.html>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World