I feel betrayed

Marty Billingsley marty at ucls.uchicago.edu
Wed Sep 22 16:01:13 EDT 2010

Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:
>  On 09/21/2010 10:47 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:
>> Have all your copies of revMedia stopped working? Is it not still
>> possible to let kids use it for free? There may be some future need
>> that requires having an updated version, but for now revMedia is as
>> good as it was two days ago.
>>

> This is an extremely valid point.
>
> BUT; where do we point those kids to when they want to have a copy of
> RevMedia on their PC at home?

Not to mention putting in effort to create curriculum centered around
a free platform that won't be free any more.

I know that Rev has said that it will give LiveCode to schools that
request it, but that's still a barrier to use.  I was very excited
when revMedia came out; not because my school can't afford revStudio
-- it can -- but because other schools would be able to start using
Rev, or at least trying it out.  Not so excited any more....

   - marty

--
Marty Billingsley
Department of Computer Science