[revMobile] Horizontal Orientation

Randy Hengst iowahengst at mac.com
Wed Sep 22 10:23:57 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I've been playing with revMobile and have successfully loaded an app on my iPhone in the vertical orientation.... and except for an occasional screen going black issue all works as I expected.

However, I've been trying to develop a second app in the horizontal orientation.... not one that can be rotated, just one to work only in horizontal. For that I tried using info from the alpha handbook....

To change the orientation of the user interface use the following command:
iphoneRotateInterface orientation Here orientation is one of:
portrait – the screen is not rotated portrait upside down – the screen is rotated 180 degrees landscape left – the screen is rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise landscape right – the screen is rotated 90 degrees clockwise

I placed the command in the preopenstack handler... to no avail.

I also simply reversed the width/height of my new stack from the version that I already had working... well, the new stack shows up on the iPad simulator, but not the iPhone simulator even when I rotate the phone to the right or left.

Obviously I missing something... I hope it is something very basic.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

take care,
randy hengst