How to recover text from a web page

Sumner, Walt WSUMNER at dom.wustl.edu
Wed Sep 22 01:16:10 EDT 2010

I am trying to recover text from this web page and all of its siblings:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/keep-life-saving-electronic-cigarettes-available/#sigs/691732733/user/1

The interesting part of the page is the comments, which do not appear in the HTML, but which can be copied manually. I can open this page in a browser in LiveCode. With manual mouse motions, I can double click a block of text, choose "Select All" from the "Edit" menu, choose "Copy" from the "Edit" menu, and then paste into a field where the comments all appear and are easy to disassemble.

Unfortunately, the revbrowser set command and get function do not do anything comparable AFAICT. The "Select All" choice is not implemented in the DoMenu command. I think that printing a pdf is also out. So, any thoughts on how to automate this part of a petition review? For instance, maybe there is a simple way to save the text to a file with the revBrowserExecuteScript function (using JavaScript for Safari)?

BTW, the browser is fully capable of crashing LiveCode on at least some OSX machines. Please don't lose any work for me.

Thanks,

Walt