Where does revMobile go?

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Tue Sep 21 19:19:23 EDT 2010

Thanks Scott!

I am becoming a heavy dropbox user. Thinking about upgrading to paid account
as well. Lots of materials I use and my current projects are stored in a
nicely crafted folder hierarchy inside it. It does not beat using a real
vcs/scm software but for my single user purposes it works well.

The cool thing about dropbox is that requires zero maintenance. I just use
it as a normal folder and it works. For example, I am building some library
code here, I am workaholic so I know that I will want to touch it while
having lunch on the next day on my station at my workplace (lunch time is my
time, not company time) so I just launch LiveCode and since my dropbox
folder is kept always up to date, my recent library project is already there
waiting.

For my other needs, I use mercurial and bitbucket.org. When you go to
http://hg.andregarzia.com to see some of my recent projects, you're actually
going to my bitbucket.org page. I think it is great for public and
commercial projects but for quickies, I just use dropbox, sometimes I use a
combination of both by placing a repo inside a dropbox folder but this
serves no purpose except not loosing stuff in the mess that my HD usually
is.

I haven't had a good HD organization since Mac OS 9 or Minix, in those two
system I actually knew where things were and what they were supposed to do.
Now, I am quite competent with my unix-like userland and NeXT heritage but
installed software, specially installed software from linux tends to spread
all over the place... I miss easy to understand systems.