I feel betrayed

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 16:47:14 EDT 2010

  On 09/21/2010 10:39 PM, Boileau wrote:
> A little more than a year ago, I asked the following question to
> Runtime Revolution Support :
>
>     Do you make some sort of commitment that revMedia will stay free
> beyond version 4 ?
>
> I received the following answer (dated June 29, 2009) :
>
>> We have no intention of charging for revMedia beyond 4.0. Barring the
>> unforeseen
>> the intention is that it will remain permanently free. However, we
>> cannot give an
>> absolute guarantee that this will be so.
>>
>> I think you could be reasonably confident that using the new free
>> revMedia in your
>> courses was a good decision and as futureproof as anything can be in
>> this
>> uncertain world.
>

> Well this world is certainly uncertain !!!

Ah, mon ami, Les /OEuvres de Boileau/ ne disent rien sur ce problème!

This sort of behaviour has been observed before; so one either puts up
with it,
or moves elsewhere; OR, if you are a "belligerent so-and-so" (cough, cough)
you keep bothering people until either:

1. they disconnect you from the Use-List,

2. they give in and put things back the way they were,

3. they give you a job.